Pain-free for them; worry-free for you!
A low tolerance for pain, coupled with a strong dislike for needles, inspired our founder, Dr. Robert Stella, D.D.S., to create Long Beach’s only Dental Theme Park, FUNtastic Dental and Orthodontics.
At FUNtastic’s high-tech, high-touch practice, “this will only hurt a little” is simply unacceptable. We know that pain-free experiences for little ones can ensure a lifetime of great dental health, and that is what you get from us. Guaranteed.
Kids request our dental hygienists by name, and our doctors hail from the nation’s top dental schools. Plus:
- We generally see emergencies the same day
- We ensure multiple treatment options are available to align with each patient’s budget
- We are a latex-free office
- We provide referrals to the finest specialists in our area, should a higher level of expertise be needed (such as periodontists, endodontists and oral surgeons)
Pediatric dentistry demands a higher level of empathy for a child’s heightened physical and emotional sensitivity, so here are some tips to help your child have a great dental visit:
- Bring your child for a free tour of the office, to help familiarize them before they even open their mouth! They can check out the video games, talk to the staff and even sit in a dental chair!
- Read stories about children who have fears but have conquered them. Also, books about teeth (human or even animal teeth) can make them more curious about their upcoming visit, instead of fearful.
- Reward them after their exam with a treat from our convenient, in-house Sugar-Free Candy Store! We have something your child (or YOU) will love! Sugar-free Pop Rocks, anyone?
- Bring along a favorite toy or stuffed animal
- Take advantage of our special “Comfort Menu,” featuring free sunglasses, use of a soothing weighted blanket and noise-muffling, kid-sized earmuffs. Our fun office can get a bit noisy at times, and these items can help calm an anxious child!